Information on limited Tunkhannock Little League programs later this summer within Little League coronavirus guidelines has been released.
A post on the League’s Facebook page, along with an email to registered families, had a summary of the direction in which the league would proceed. Included in the email was a link to a survey for major-minor baseball and softball level families to reply whether or not they want to take part in this. Families are reminded to participate in the survey, as the number of responses will determine if there is enough interest for specific programs.
The Summer 2020 Program Plan includes the cancellation of tee ball and coach pitch. Informal programs for majors and minors teams will be offered if there are enough players and volunteers, beginning in July.
All programs will adhere to Little League coronavirus guidelines, which can be found at www.littleleague.org/player-safety/coronavirus-update/
Parents of participants will be asked to sign a waiver acknowledging and accepting these guidelines and the risks involved. Some of these guidelines include:
- Six foot social distancing between players when off field, made possible by using stands as extension of dugouts.
- Masks worn by players when in dugouts/ stands.
- Individual equipment only. The league will assign equipment to players who need it.
- No concessions, announcers, or scoreboard operators.
- Disinfecting of dugouts by parent volunteers between games.
Registration refunds will be offered via an email. Any fees not refunded will be used to offset 2020 expenses.