The Tunkhannock Area School Board is having a work session/board meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 14, in the Tunkhannock Area High School auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
Under new business the board will be
- exploring adding half days to the school calendar during the remainder of the first marking period;
- approving a Resident Evacuation Mutual Agreement with The Gardens at Tunkhannock;
approving a FEMA grant in the amount of $41,388.
- naming asst. superintendent Mary Gene Eagan as the documents designee for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance under the Robert Staff Relief and Emergency Assistance Act
There may also be committee reports from Extracurricular and Building & Grounds.
Under the superintendent’s report are resolutions to approve the
- retirement of high school math teacher effective Oct. 21;
transfer of Jaimie LaChase from TA Intermediate Center general secretary to TAIC administrative secretary;
- transfer of Heather Adams from TAIC part-time instructional aide to full-time TA Primary Center paraprofessional;
appointment of Sante Romaldini as long-term substitute at the TA Primary Center;
- approve volunteers for 2020-21 with current list including Robyn Anderson, Sadie Adams, Meghan Boone, Rebecca Clouse-Mickey, Kelly Edwards, Brian Fenton, Hillary Frear, April Freeman, Judy Frey, Suzanne Galella, Tina Gorham, Holley Graves, Heather Jones, Lyle Jones, Donalynn Martin, Bernard Martin, Megan Maxwell, Mike Maxwell, Molly Murphy, Edina Sherwood, Kayla Shoemaker, Victoria Szostak, Eric VanHouten, Jonelle VanHouten, and Amy Wiggans;
- approve Dan Brown as athletic filmer; and
- approve a conference attendance by Jennifer Zdaniewicz
Information is tentative as of Oct. 12. It may be changed prior to and/or during the meeting.