The Tunkhannock Area School Board is having a work session/board meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 18, in the Tunkhannock Area High School auditorium at 7:00 p.m.
Under unfinished business will be a discussion of the current COVID situation and its impact on school operations.
Under new business before the board will be:
- Approval of a memorandum of understanding between TASD and the TA Educational Support Personnel Association;
- Commitment of $2.5 million on last year’s financial statement for the purpose of future PSERS rate increases;
- Visit by current tax collectors with a possible presentation;
- Approval of paying Postler & Jaeckle Corp $15,600 for work performed on air handlers in the Administrative Center gym;
- Approval of advisorships for the following student groups: FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, and Skills USA;
- Approval of Conrad Siegel Actuaries for 2020 ACA employer reporting;
eview of the Kelly Services substitute teacher fill rate;
- Approval of bis/van c
- ontracts as presented.
Under the superintendent’s report are resolutions to:
- Approve Karen DePietro as a long term substitute in the TAIC for the second semester;
- Approve Jennifer Jones as a long-term substitute in the TAPC from Nov. 23 to the end of the school year;
rove volunteers (Richard Appleby, Scott Davies, Beth Gregory, Sheri Harvatine, Robert Miller, Benjamin Siegel, and Megan Stone).
- Approve coaches: girls basketball (JV/Dan Williams, fresh/Adryana Appleby, 8th/Robert Brown, 7th/Shannon Salvador); boys basketball (JV/Stan Harder, fresh/Ryan Luce, 7th/Brian Gregory), wrestling (asst/Dakota Quick, JH/Thomas Walsh, JH asst/Ray Woods, and diving (Sawyer Aitken).
- Approve scoreboard/timers for wresting (William Fassett, Charlotte carpenter, Robert Hegedty, Mike Marabell, and Tom Johnson), and for basketball (Ron Hampsey and Gabrielle Hampsey).
- Approve lifeguards (Jodi Crimmel, Kellie Wynne, and Thurston Sick).
Information is tentative as of Nov. 16. It may be changed prior to and/or during the meeting.