Article Tools

Font size
+
Share This
EmailFacebookTwitter

Photo: N/A, License: N/A, Created: 2018:01:21 21:21:32

STAFF PHOTOS/CJ MARSHALL This Mason Road home in Lemon Township was fully engulfed in flames as firefighters arrived Monday morning.

Photo: N/A, License: N/A, Created: 2018:01:21 21:26:03

STAFF PHOTOS/CJ MARSHALL This Mason Road home in Lemon Township was fully engulfed in flames as firefighters arrived Monday morning.

LEMON TWP. - A 69-year-old died in a house fire Monday morning on Mason Road just north of Lake Carey.

Wyoming County Deputy Coroner Alan Thatcher said Donna Sue Valentine died of carbon monoxide poisoning from smoke inhalation.

Triton Fire Chief Randy White said the dispatch went out for a structure fire around 8:50 a.m., and when they arrived the left front side of the house was fully engulfed.

White said he believed the fire started in the woman’s bedroom.

Two state fire marshals were out to the scene, White said, and there did not appear to be any suspicious activity.

He said the home was a total loss. “What wasn’t damaged by fire took a lot of smoke and water.”

Triton stayed on the scene more than four hours, and White said he appreciated the assist by Meshoppen, Springville, Nicholson, Factoryville and FWM (Mehoopany) fire companies as well as Tunkhannock Community Ambulance and the Montrose RIV unit and Commonwealth Health, as well as the Pennsylvania State Police.

He also thanked Centermoreland and Kunkle for back-up coverage while Triton was on scene in Lemon.